The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Wednesday February 10, 2021 at 16:01
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
The fascia/touchscreen is a stick-on unit to the front panel. It is very difficult to remove unless you use a library gum removing solvent such as Un-do. I've only done this one time on a TSU9600 and have never tried a TSU9800. The whole process takes lots of patience and time. I don't recommend it. If you need parts, you might consider reaching out to user GoPronto (he is in New Zealand - find his profile on RC to get email) to see if he still has any part sources. For both the 9600 and 9800, they serviced them as a single part (front part of remote that included the silver part, the black inlay and the stick-on touchscreen as a single unit).

CAVEAT EMPTOR - With regard to polishing, you might try an automotive rubbing compound that is safe for clear-coat such as MacGuires. If what you are looking at is a crease/dent, it cannot be polished out. If what you are looking at are scuff marks, then you might have some luck. I'VE NEVER USED this on a TSU remote. I use the rubbing compound to buff out CDs that are lightly scratched.
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse