Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Saturday February 6, 2021 at 20:40
Tacos
February 2021
Most of my clients are cutting the cord and just using apps to stream most of their content. The ones that still have cable can use the app the cable company offers.

The main problem I've been seeing with using apps for all your streaming is limits on simultaneous streams. Clients would still need some kind of video distribution to get over those limits. Youtube tv is probably the tv streaming service I've seen the most and it only allows for 3 simultaneous streams at once. I setup a system last month for a client who didn't have any kind of distribution to watch the Canelo fight on dazn on 3 tvs and a projector with a roku. We loaded the dazn app to his 4 displays and it turns out you can only stream to 2 displays at the same time. We ended up having to subscribe him for a second dazn account so he can watch it on all his tvs.

I do think video distribution is going to be used less but I highly doubt streaming services are going to up there limits to the point where it won't be needed anymore.

Hosting Services by ipHouse