The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 20 made on Monday January 18, 2021 at 10:31
Fins
Elite Member
June 2007
On January 17, 2021 at 21:27, Brad Humphrey said...
That's what I was thinking.
I mean, it isn't like someone called saying "I have a 85" TV, I demand it be installed today or I'm calling someone else"

I guess it's also possible the company Fins works for now, only places an order for accessories every 3 months (per quarter). Buy large bulk and save $$$. But risk not always having what you need.
But then couldn't they offer a later date on install, with a mount that was 'special ordered' and mark it up appropriately? I'm not aware of any shortages on mounts that happened last year.

I don't know. I'm having a hard time following the logic. Customer wants TV wall mounted, order the proper mount, schedule the install, and get paid... What am I missing? (other than the same day customer type).

What your missing is that you weren’t there and don’t know all of the details. You also just want to try to make a big deal out of something that I didn’t want to get into an Ernie sized post over. But if you would like to know, the tv was on order for 8 months. The person that placed the order wasn’t told a special mount was needed. After 8 months a shipping notice arrived and the tv showed up the next day. The install wasn’t scheduled only after the screen was checked. Trying to keep the customer happy, another person scheduled it for install the next day not knowing anything about mounting might be an issue, then when myself and another tech arrived, we found even if we did have the right mount, some wires would have to be fished and there were multiple rows of blocking in the wall.

Do you feel better now?
Civil War reenactment is LARPing for people with no imagination.

Hosting Services by ipHouse