The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Friday January 8, 2021 at 15:26
SWOInstaller
Select Member
October 2010
We only have HP in our office. I am currently typing on an Elitebook 8770 from 7/8 years ago and run the exact same programs as you GMAN. This has a 17" monitor but not 1080P. It comes to sites with me pretty much daily and has flown with me once a year out west and back and haven't had an issue with it. I ordered a new HP before Christmas as we have a tech that requires one so this machine will get passed to him and I will be working off the new one.

The new machine is an HP ZBook. 512gb SSD and 16GB RAM. I could have went with a more cost effective model (smaller hard drive and less RAM) but with running all the software my CPU was running at 75-80% so I need the processing power. The cost to increase the hard drive and the RAM would have came close to the cost of the ZBook anyways so just went that route instead.

A couple negatives to the new laptop
1. No 17" monitor option. May not seem like a big deal to some but when running Crestron software and looking at floor plans the larger monitor would be nicer. I have worked on 17" laptops for over 10 years now so will just be hard to adjust to the smaller screen (although it will also make it lighter to travel with so that is a bonus).
2. No NIC. Need to buy a USB-C NIC adapter which is fine, just something else that can go wrong or you forget it either at the office or onsite.
3. No STOCK!!! My new laptop was ordered middle to end of November and we were told I should have it before Christmas. I followed up with the supplier and was informed that it likely wouldn't be until February. I realize this is the same for most electronics so just be prepared to wait.
You can't fix stupid

Hosting Services by ipHouse