The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Friday January 8, 2021 at 12:33
Daniel Tonks
Wrangler of Remotes
October 1998
I've been through all sorts of laptop brands over the years. Right now... Lenovo Thinkpad. My primary laptop is a Thinkpad X1 Carbon (6th gen) and it's great. Fast, lightweight, and durable.

I've literally tried to fold the thing in half by accident - the top ended up in a delightful "V" shape when I realized what was happening - and over the next few hours the carbon fiber chassis straightened out and a year later it's still working great, with just a slight pinhead sized mark where the screen was squashed to remember the incident by.

But, my main recommendation would be to get Intel 11th generation processors, as the integrated graphics (Iris Xe) is worlds better than all previous generations. However, Lenovo has only updated a few lower end Thinkpad models with the 11th gen like the L13 and E14, higher models such as the X1 should be updated in the next few months. Also get a SSD for sure (512gb is more comfortable than 256gb).

Although not as "high end", I just ordered a Thinkpad L13 Yoga with 11th gen for my business partner (2-in-1 hybrid). Should be a good system for the price.

Hosting Services by ipHouse