Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Wednesday December 30, 2020 at 16:29
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Damn right!

Where I live it's convenient for my dish to be in the back yard. In the garden. On the ground. Under a beautiful tall plant with orange blooms that looks like it might be related to honeysuckle.

In the four years the dish has been there, I've had to trim that plant twice. Keeping the aim true isn't difficult -- the arm that supports the LNB points up at the satellites, so that gives me the azimuth. I clip bits of plant until the satellite signal clears up. This has taken about fifteen minutes each time.

I know when it's time to trim by occasional signal interruption on HD channels.

The "another 10' doesn't freaking matter" reminds me of two things:

*A house on Mulholland Drive not far from the Hollywood Bowl that had a major remodel about five years ago. It'd s nit below the road and you can see the clean look of the roofline.

And then a satellite installer mounted a dish to the highest, most visible point on the roof. Completely uglifies the house.

*a Commscope Cable ad from the early days of cable:

"The signal has gone half a million miles* to get to your customer -- don't mess it up in the last thirty feet!"

*Or whatever. Corrections will be edited in.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse