The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Tuesday December 22, 2020 at 11:49
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On December 21, 2020 at 23:02, Duct Tape said...
I need to finally give credit to Ernie. 

Well, thanks, but you actually don't need to: I'm sort of an idiot savant proofreader. I proofread by accident sometimes.

Once in the late 80s I walked into the ad department of the place where I worked, where they had proofs of ads up on the wall, and the misspelled name MITUSBISHI* jumped out at me from a newspaper half-page sized advertisement.

I didn't want to offend, so I cautiously asked the ad guys when they were going to use that particular artwork. They said "we've been using it for a couple of months. Why do you ask?" I told them to stand in front of it and read it. To their credit, they said, "looks like we're going to have to change that!"

The thing is, every week that ad copy was used, it was approved by the higher-ups at HQ and by ten different store managers. And me, radar boy, I had to be the one to see it!

*That should have been MITSUBISHI. That's the name of a company that used to make televisions and projectors. (Did you ever think that would need an explanatory note?)
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse