Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Sunday December 20, 2020 at 07:12
Craig Aguiar-Winter
September 2002
On December 19, 2020 at 09:25, highfigh said...
Wireless sub TX/RX is easy and it works, as long as it doesn't have to go too fat or pass through a SubZero fridge or in a quasi-Faraday Cage like the house I did a few years ago.

Right- some baluns don't de-couple the input from the output and while is does convert from one cable type to another, it still allows ground loops to make like a living hell.

A good way around that is to mount it with a cover that's held in place with security screws and don't even tell the user it's there or what's behind the cover.

Some companies make rack mounts for small mixers, whether flat or wedge-shaped. It wouldn't be terribly difficult to adapt a flat one to make the angle variable, with hinges than can be locked in place or with a lid support that has a lock screw.

ART has at least two models of rack-mountable compressor/limiters that sell for $179, so those would be a good option.

[Link: musiciansfriend.com]

[Link: musiciansfriend.com]

I specifically looked for baluns with ground isolation as I knew I was inviting them by tapping into systems plugged in all over the house. Normally I home run all tbt power for subs, displays, etc to the rack to inlets so they can all be in the same circuit and share the same surge protection, but in a case like this it would have been too much. The kitchen and main room are all in their own dedicated circuit, but not the other areas.

Thanks for the tips. The kitchen won’t ever get a sub. All of the ceiling mounted speakers are actually large book shelf speakers with 6” woofers. Haha. This guy loves music and already had the speakers. The whole main floor sounds amazing. Certainly the best sounding ceiling set up I’ve ever done.

In this picture you can see most of the main room. The speaker directly to the left is one of the 4 in the kitchen.

[img][/img]

I’ll check out the ART pieces as well.
My wife says I can't do sarcasm. She says I just sound like an a$$hole.

Hosting Services by ipHouse