Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Saturday December 19, 2020 at 18:29
kilohertz
December 2020
3FG, Thank you so much for the quick reply, very much appreciated.

Okay, well that explains a lot and why I can't get the 1056B03 to work. :-( I actually found that website this morning (hifi-remote.com) and have been reading for hours, and then just saw your reply here. I haven't read the thread you mentioned yet but will next. I went back to the hifi store and spent another hour going thru all of the remotes and found quite a few which have the JP1.3 6 pin header on the back, but couldn't find a 1056B01, or any others which seem to accept the 5 digit EFCs. I have a USB to RS-232 already so I should be able to lick this problem, one way or another.

My ultimate goal is to get any remote to "shoot" the correct IR codes to teach in LEARN mode on one of my Harmony remotes. I just wanted to find a remote that I could enter the 5 digit codes directly into to avoid a complete science project. I could also probably figure out a way to use my Arduino to output to an IR LED but again, more of a "project" than I want...maybe when I retire. :-)

Looks like unless I want to buy a specific remote that will accept the 5 dig EFCs, I will go with the linked method you suggest.

Again, thank you so much for your help, I realize now after seeing your name on various other AV sites as well, you are quite a remote guru.

Cheers and Merry Christmas.

PS do you know of a chart or website that indicates which make/model of remotes are 5 dig EFC capable? thx

PSPS the other remotes I picked up are
UEI URC-2020B0-B1
Motorola URC-580
Philips SRU-3005
UEI 11055BC2
UEI 11055BA2
Russound CA-LRC1

Last edited by kilohertz on December 19, 2020 19:52.

Hosting Services by ipHouse