Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Friday December 18, 2020 at 19:24
Craig Aguiar-Winter
September 2002
On December 18, 2020 at 15:21, Ernie Gilman said...
This is excellent.

Well, 4.1 perhaps? Or, if no sub, just a 4.0?

The people who don't have this soon learn that they want it. It's easier to build in than to retrofit, so kudos!

For reference you should check to see if there's infinite resistance between all conductors on the input of the baluns and all conductors on the output. That means the balun is a ground isolator, which is the most straightforward way to have no noise from ground loops.

This will always be subject to instant ruination by someone who turns things up too loudly, so a compressor would be a good idea. But then you have to be sure that the guy who would turn things up too far cannot get to the compression control.

A good unit would be the Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8-Input 2-Bus Mixer with USB/Audio. It's got two channels of compression. Most available compressors are rack mount units, which could be a problem. This, though, is a small version of a PA board, so it's also not built to fit into an A/V system. But it would work for him!

If you decide to add that unit, be careful to get that exact model. Behringer uses the same panel layout for at least one other product, which doesn't have the compression.

The main room receiver is the 5.1 system. The second receiver for the kitchen is set up with no centre and no sub.

The baluns do include a ground loop isolator according to the manufacturer.

I will look into the Behringer product you mentioned. He still has some kitchen construction to do and at some point this system will be moved into a cabinet mounted roll out rack to rack mountable is fine.

Thanks for the tip.

Craig
My wife says I can't do sarcasm. She says I just sound like an a$$hole.

Hosting Services by ipHouse