Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Friday December 18, 2020 at 13:31
Craig Aguiar-Winter
September 2002
Hey all. Someone had asked what i wound up doing. So here’s what I did.

This system is a combination of his own equipment, and newer items.

We did a 5.1 system in his main room with a new Yamaha receiver. The Zone two pre-out from that receiver goes to this distribution amp from Rolls:

[Link: rolls.com]

The pass through goes to the CD input of another Yamaha receiver that he had. It powers four speakers in the kitchen/ dining area next to his main room with the 5.1 system.

The variable outputs on the Rolls go to:

1. Audio balun over Cat6 to his office audio system.

2. Audio balun over cat 6 to his garage into another Yamaha receiver.

3. shielded/twisted pair stereo cables to office floor below (about 15ft) into the aux in on a pair of computer speakers.

4. Shielded / twisted pair stereo cables to bedroom floor below (about 25ft) to aux in on a Bose Wave Radio.

I controlled everything with a Harmony Pro-2400 with activities that work for either the main room, the main room/kitchen/, and an everywhere party activity. He can control the volumes on the three receivers all from within the app or using the remote.

I included an all zone mute so he can quickly kill the music everywhere to answer the door or whatever.

Everything works well. The Harmony 2400 does a great job of making everything easy to control. No noise or ground loops thankfully.

The client uses mostly the main room and kitchen. He is super happy.

His processor for his DJ/computer music set up has a line level audio out so that we ran into the receiver. It works fine. He has been warned that at some point someone could quite possibly damage his system with this set up connected to it. I advised him to do some research on the best practice for using a compressor or something. But that it’s a work around and that he is inviting disaster.

Craig

Last edited by Craig Aguiar-Winter on December 18, 2020 14:48.
My wife says I can't do sarcasm. She says I just sound like an a$$hole.

Hosting Services by ipHouse