The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Tuesday December 8, 2020 at 16:18
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Edit: after doing all this, the system threw me a new curve. Some time after I finished the stuff below and switched back to my DirecTV receiver, the Apple TV went to sleep and the TV turned off.

Gotta love that HDMI.

Following up on your previous post, I went further into the Apple TV settings than I had. Here's what I found:

It was set at Enable HDR, Format 4K SDR, HDMI Output YCbCr, and Chroma 4:2:0. Match Dynamic Range and Match Frame Rate are off.
There's a Check HDMI Connection routine that says the HDMI connection is good. A box lists 4K HDR 60Hz and 50Hz as unverified formats.

Perhaps not surprisingly, I found a flaw in the TV. There's a full gray screen during the HDMI Connection test, and on this 65" TV, a square about inches some 6" from the left edge, vertically centered, is obviously darker than the entire rest of the screen. Looks like it's time for TV service.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse