The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Monday December 7, 2020 at 13:56
jrh
Long Time Member
June 2005
Thanks very much for your reply, which I didn't see until today. Sorry.

I just checked with my phone's camera and found that I get no light flashing from the TV's remote except when I press the Power button. My Sony BD player's remote gives flashes from all buttons. So, it looks like the TV's remote is Bluetooth; however, it can be set to control my DirecTV Genie, so I don't know what's going on there. The TV has a jack on the back for "IR Remote IN" but I don't know what it's for (an IR blaster?) or if it would help. I'm very disappointed that Sony doesn't have a PDF of the entire manual for this TV available; you have to go online for a web-based manual.

Since my original post, I had tried several codes and indeed found that "Generic IR Codes" (apparently code set 070) worked, and pretty much gives me what I need for the TV except buttons/codes for BACK, APPS, and SETTINGS. BACK is what I miss most (and the BD player's RETURN button doesn't correspond to BACK on the TV). I went through all the XBR (and some other) TVs in the IR database, but I didn't see any that had buttons for BACK, APPS, and SETTINGS.

BTW, When downloading the Generic IR codes to the MX-850, I noticed that the download box said Firmware: Ver 2.50 (June 24, 2010) and Universal Data: Ver 2.36 (August 31, 2015). Afterward, I checked the MX-850 Editor's Help|Firmware Version and it said Firmware MX-850 Ver D2. 2.06 / June 24, 2010 and the same as the downloader did for Universal Data. So, these are later dates than what I originally posted (although I'd copied them from the editor's Help too, so I don't know what happened there).

Hosting Services by ipHouse