Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday December 3, 2020 at 19:14
sirroundsound
November 2003
Have a client that recently changed the video system from distributed to Ignite TV boxes at each TV. It was explained that they would no longer have access to the old DVD player. It was also asked, when was the last time you watched a DVD and they could not remember.
Now things are changed, and they have an easy to use remote, and the cable box also gives them 4K, Netflix and Prime, everything was going great.
Then DVD's came up again.
They mostly have a bunch that were recorded at family functions etc, plus a few documentaries. Might only be around 50 discs I saw in a cabinet.
So they are asking if I can hook up a new player to 1 TV for viewing. Problem is there is no where local to any TV to put a player. So it would have to go back into small rack space where we have music system still running. I have cat 5 and 6 that I could access going to a TV and add a balun, and I would have to use one with IR in and out so they could control the player.
I talked about using PLEX, there is a tower computer that is in his home office where we could load the discs to and I think plex is pretty easy to use. They seemed to be a bit apprehensive about this though.
Are there any other options that people have used? USB connected devices?
They have Ipads and I have shown them how to airplay to the TV's, so not technically afraid to try things. Plus I do not believe they are looking to buy more movies, just want what they have to be available.
Is there a DVD player that "airplays" or sends AV via BT. The one main TV is within 15ft of the old rack location.

Hosting Services by ipHouse