The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Thursday November 19, 2020 at 15:21
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
When the Pronto goes to sleep not on the dock, script does not run all the time. It wakes up every 55 seconds or so to keep WIFI active and script may run a few instructions before going to sleep.

If you are worried about Pronto Battery level, then it is likely you don't have the unit in the dock which means consistently reliable script execution is not possible and hence notification to Homeseer will be spotty at best.

If the unit is in the dock, I think that the the Battery Status will cycle when the unit is charging as the icon on the screen continually rotates through the various levels. IIRC, ProntoScript get's all these notifications such that someone could do a custom battery level icon via script to simulate the look and feel from Philips.

Is it worth the effort? Not in my opinion and I am not willing to jump in and write a script. However...

If it's HTTP or TCP, then yes, it is possible. If it's UDP, then yes, also possible. There are examples in the DEV guide for sending both TCP and UDP.

For any solution, you'd be required to know and understand the protocol to be able to write the script needed to notify Homeseer. The DEV guide has examples of sockets via TCP and UDP and the Philips HTTP Library can likely accomplish what you need for simple 1-way communication.

Someone also posted recently about integration of HTTP PUT and GET with Home Cinema via HTTP. I recommended possibly using the one-shot http examples from Philips which do not support POST body but rather simple GET encoded URLs.

[Link: remotecentral.com]
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse