The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday November 13, 2020 at 09:06
SWOInstaller
Select Member
October 2010
We use InvidTech for our cost effective solutions. Their Paramont line is really good and provides a lot of camera options and is a Uniview OEM. Unlike Hik and Dahua, Uniview isn't black listed by the US government. My understanding is if you ever got the the opportunity to install cameras for any type of government project and they found out you are/have installed Hik/Dahua you will never be awarded work (I am not in the US so haven't looked that closely into these stipulations).

If wanting something a bit better quality that isn't an OEM I would look into Hanwha. They have many options and don't OEM to anyone. You will be paying more per device (when comparing to Hik, Dahua, Uniview) but are guaranteed to get the quality.

Lastly to go all out as someone else mentioned Axis is your top level. There are others as well but Axis is the more known brand.

The pricing structure for the above 3 is as follows:
Hik/Dahua/Uniview or any of their OEM brands as cost effective, they work but quality may be on the lower side but you are getting a camera for a good price

Hanwha, you are getting a better quality, more options for indoor vs outdoor they don't OEM, their pricing is 1.5-2x more than the OEM brands

Axis, top quality, don't OEM, but 1.5-2x more than Hanwha, 3-4x more than OEM.

I have priced systems out using all 3 brands and similar cameras and the price differences above are fairly accurate.
You can't fix stupid

Hosting Services by ipHouse