Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Sunday November 8, 2020 at 23:04
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
On November 8, 2020 at 22:43, buzz said...
He claims that PING times can stretch out to 450ms or more. I don't know exactly where he is PINGing to. It could be his remote partner or an intermediate PlayStation server.

Is there a way to ask a PlayStation where it is connecting?

Unfortunately no. In fact, in the Playstation menus, there is very little additional information you can gain. You get a dumb speed number that doesn't tell you where it is connecting to, along with that ping number.
If the Playstation is the only device having this issue, only 1 thing you can do:
Run your network test showing the download, upload, ping, and packet loss. If your test shows speeds close to what they should be, pings under 40ms (20-30ms is typical here for Comcast), and zero packet loss. Then the problem is with his Playstation or Sony's server for Playstation. Nothing you can do.
[edit]: Do your tests when he is having the issue with his Playstation. So you can rule out an intermittent problem with Comcast or their modem.
[Note]: If the problem only happens once in awhile, as such you can't really be there and run your tests while he is having problems. Good luck tracking that down. Only thing to do is educate the customer on how to use their computer to connect to something like NDT M-Lab to do the test themselves when it is having issues. And record the results.

I have one where everything about the network is perfect (tested it for him extensively). But his PS4 gets high ping and bad speed. His friend who lives in the same town, gets excellent results on his PS4 test. If he takes his PS4 over to his house, he gets the same great results. It only screws up on his own network at his house - even with the PS4 being the only thing connected and everything defaulted. Router/modem have already been replaced once.
Now you tell me what 'that' could possibly be? To dive deeper into that would require knowing how to use Wireshark really good; which is over my head. And not really sure how that would even help - nothing appears to be wrong other than the Sony Gods just don't like his house o_O

Hosting Services by ipHouse