The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Thursday October 29, 2020 at 12:02
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On October 29, 2020 at 10:50, dsp81 said...
Carrier Ethernet is common on the enterprise side. Modems are necessary for cable and DSL (and some other technologies), but this is straight Ethernet. You should be able to just plug your router into the Ethernet. I assume since you are getting a non-RFC1918 (outside the 10.0.0.0/8, 172.16.0.0/12, and 192.168.0.0/16 ranges) that there’s nothing blocking ports upstream. The provider could NAT and block ports, but they generally do not. Especially if they’re providing a public IP. Your router will perform NAT and port forwarding for anything behind it. Are the port forwards already configured on your router?

As I posted, the DVR works fine when connected to the old system but not when connected to the new one and a separate profile for the DVR was created for the new feed. We even saved the old config and wiped the router, so only one profile existed and that still doesn't work. The settings were saved and printed, so they could be set up the same way, but with the new IP address. The DVR's ddns search was successful, but after the port forward setup, canyouseeme.org was unable to see it.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse