Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 79 made on Wednesday October 28, 2020 at 12:57
TomatoBob
October 2020
On October 21, 2020 at 20:24, Trunk-Slammer -Supreme said...
Menu, wait, down, down, down, select, right, right, select, select, and there I am at Netflix....

Then it's scroll, scroll, scroll, select. LOL

I tried to create a macro using what you suggested. It kind of worked but for some reason I was unable to get Netflix to load. I ended up with movies.

For now, I have created a button that brings up Smart Home and then use the directional buttons to select and activate Netflix. Not as smooth as a dedicated button but it works.

I have discovered an issue with the whole, watching Netflix and the turning everything off process. If you fail to fully exit Netflix before powering off, the next time you turn everything on, you end up at a frozen page that says "Loading Netflix".

There are at least two ways to avoid this. It is very helpful if you create three buttons for specific LG WebOS functions first. Create and program buttons for Smart Home and Return. They are needed to navigate the WebOS screens. If you want to further automate things, you can also create a button called "Exit Netflix".

When done watching Netflix, you can click on your newly created "return" button. This stops whatever is playing and sends you to a title screen for whatever you were watching. A Netflix menu displays on the left side. Go left and then down to "exit Netflix". Clicking there stops Netflix.

Option two is to click on the hard "stop" button, followed by the hard "exit" button.

The automated procedure is to program an "exit Netflix" button with "stop" and "exit" from your LG TV page. In my case, I added "jump to main" at the end of the macro.

Programming Smart TV functions into the MX-890 is difficult. This is not surprising because the concept of smart TVs did not exist when this remote was created. I am slowly learning by trial and error that it is possible to obtain reasonable control of my LG smart TV using the 890 but using the Magic Remote is usually easier and more reliable. Whenever I get stuck, I pick up the LG remote.

Hosting Services by ipHouse