The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Monday October 26, 2020 at 16:27
hdtvluvr
Long Time Member
September 2002
Try these after changing the TV power on/off as stated below.

Power On macro:
Delay 0.2 sec
P-ON - Cable
Delay 0.2 sec
P-ON - RECVR
Delay 0.2 sec
Hex Data - TV
Delay 0.2 sec
V1CBL - RECVR (sets receiver input to video 1, cable)
Delay 0.2 sec
- CABLE - P1
--- END ---

Power Off Macro:
Delay 0.2 sec
P-OFF - Cable
Delay 0.2 sec
P-OFF - RECVR
Delay 0.2 sec
Hex Data - TV - See note below
--- END ---

Power off Hex Data - TV Are you sure it isn't using the power ON button?
Putting a small delay between commands separates the IR signals and it usually works better. Putting delay, then TV on, then delay, then V1CBL - RECVR as above will also provide some time for the receiver so you can switch inputs without adding another or longer delay. If it doesn't work change the last 0.2 to 0.5. I'd keep cable before receiver so the receiver sees video in case you are using HDMI so there won't be any handshaking issues (or at least lessened).

Here is what I like to do:
On a non used page (or page 2) of the TV source, program P-ON and P-OFF to 2 of the buttons. This gets you the correct names for buttons instead of "Hex Data". Then on the TV Power On and Power Off buttons of the remote, make macros to these two buttons. I like page 2 at least so I don't accidentally hit one of the buttons if I am using the remote with the TV source. I also always start a macro with a 0.2 sec delay

For all other macros, use the P-On and P-Off buttons on the TV non used page - not the Power on/off buttons on the remote. If desired you can hide that page in the view widow that shows programming for the buttons across the 4 available pages.

So let's say you have a DVD button on the main page of the remote. If you put a macro on that button start it with a 0.2 sec delay. This way a simple press takes you to the DVD page without running the macro. A press and hold for a sec will run the macro. I also usually put a ">" in front of DVD to indicate it also has a macro. So let's say you are watching a DVD and the remote slips down in the chair and the "Main" button gets pressed. You can get back to the DVD page just by pressing >DVD and no macro will run potentially interrupting the movie.

Last edited by hdtvluvr on October 26, 2020 22:52.

Hosting Services by ipHouse