The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Thursday October 22, 2020 at 23:09
Paul Reardon
Lurking Member
January 2004
Ok, got the TV tonight. I have a lot to learn about it, but so far, so good. I did a quick test of the hex codes, and I'm going to say it looks promising. All I changed on my remote was the TV power on and power off, following the directions provided above, and I set them to the discrete on and discrete off.

The buttons work when done individually. I have a macro on the main page for power on and power off. The new hex commands show in the macros in place of the old power on and power off for the TV.

My macro for "On" works! The TV, Cable box, and Receiver all turn on. The macro for "Off" however, doesn't turn the TV off, just the Cable box and Receiver.

If I then hit "TV" and "Off" on the remote, the TV turns off, so I'm not sure why the power off doesn't work in the macro. I inserted a delay after the power off command in the macro (1 sec), but that didn't help either.

I hope to have more time to spend on this tomorrow. Any suggestions on why the power off works on the "tv" page, but not as part of the macro?

Thanks again for the help!

Hosting Services by ipHouse