The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Wednesday October 21, 2020 at 07:39
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
There are times when supplying equipment is a good idea and times when it won't provide enough profit- this clyde is all about the sticker price, so it's unlikely that he won't swallow his tongue when he gets a quote.

OTOH, sometimes, supplying only labor and a few parts can be a good thing- if someone isn't making money on their labor, they need to raise their price or become more efficient.

I wouldn't do this without a list of disclaimers, though. This guy has expectations and they need to be explained, in great detail. Then, they need to be smashed flat if they aren't realistic.

I got a referral form past clients and the new one asked if I would be interested in installing some Sonos pieces that she had bought direct (received a 30% off offer from Sonos after visiting a local dealer). Since I wouldn't make much due to not being direct, I went there to see what they needed and when I saw that they were trying to limp their WiFi along with a power line extender than didn't work well, I told them they needed a hard wired connection for the AV equipment (TV, BD, AppleTV and Sonos PlayBar). I then ended up moving the router to a better location/installing a shelf, cleaned up the AV system wiring in the basement, tweaking some router settings and getting the system to work far better than it could over WiFi.

The original dealer she had contacted wouldn't do the job if she didn't buy from him and I should really thank him for that.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse