The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Saturday October 17, 2020 at 20:00
Impaqt
RC Moderator
October 2002
On October 17, 2020 at 13:05, punter16 said...
I'm trying to play Zone2 sources that don't have analog outputs without using DtoAs or HDMI extractors hooked up between sources. The above components cost $$$, throw off RF noise and are unreliable.

Normal programming with the analog connections or the above in place:

Zone 2 macro with any receiver might be:

Zone 2 ON (discrete), delay, Zone 2 source.

With Yamaha, their PARTY MODE doesn't have a discrete mode to have it turn on and off every time. You have to use it if you don't have analog connections. It lets Zone2 be output with just HDMI connections but there is no discrete PARTY ON and PARTY OFF. You have to program a toggle along the lines of:

"House ON/OFF" button under the component pages.

I'm not a fan of variables as when they get out of whack, the customer can't intuitively get things working again (without shutting everything down). If Marantz or other receivers already have built-in DtoAs and have codesets for a discrete Party Mode ON and OFF, it would be good to know as I don't know when we'll see Yamaha AVENTAGE again.

Thanks

Do you really have that many HDMI sources that people want to listen to in analog zones? I guess thats the part I really dont understand.....

Most sub 1200 surround receivers with Zone 2 are NOT going to separately decode HDMI to Zone 2.

Yamaha does have discrete party mode in IP/RS232 codes. Maybe its time to step up to a system that can do that.

Hosting Services by ipHouse