The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday October 17, 2020 at 18:13
Paul Reardon
Lurking Member
January 2004
I have a well used MX-700 that I'm VERY pleased with. I want to say I've had it since 2004 or so. The computers I had the software on are both long dead. The other night, I was able to find and download NX-RM820 Editor (the program in the directory is actually MXeditor). I found my serial cable with usb adapter, did some finagling on my computer to make it recognize it, and I was able to upload the remote settings into the software. I even made a change to add a new macro, and saved it back to the remote, and it works great. The software version I have says 1.12.230.

The problem is, I'm getting a new Samsung tv any day now (a Q90T), and I don't know how I'm going to update this remote for the new TV. I'd like to avoid "learning" if possible, but if that's my only option...

IIRC, you need to identify each device by it's remote, so I don't know how I'll be able to find the right Samsung codes for this new tv. Theoretically, I really only need to be able to turn it on/off, change inputs for different content, and maybe access the menu with standard (menu, left/right/up/down, select, exit, back). I typically don't do much to the TV once it is set up.

Any suggestions on how to update my remote for the TV?

Hosting Services by ipHouse