Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Friday October 16, 2020 at 22:21
Richie Rich
July 2002
On October 12, 2020 at 22:15, IRkiller said...
I should have specified..."a 232 serial driver"...only serial allowed on our Sam installs.
Art mode ON and OFF have discrete serial codes. Input commands switch away from "ART ON" mode.

Is there an "off-off" and a "really on" command for the frames? off is accomplished with a press and hold on the factory remote.

Nobody has asked for one yet but....

The one thing I am not sold on with the Frame tvs (other then being a cast iron PITA to install) is the longevity of these things.

In my experience, panels that are left on 24/7 tend to last about 2-3 years before they croak.

I fear we are going to face an onslaught of angry clients in a couple of years when these things suffer a premature death.

Also hope that people don't start configuring houses specifically for them. I have done a few rehash jobs on houses with Pioneer media box plasmas. Non standard infrastructure can be a PITA.

I just wrapped up a job with 5 Frames and I still did multiple cat6 and insisted that power be placed behind each display even though the media boxes were back at the rack.

Also: They really gotta make the media box extension cable connector a bit sleeker. 1-1/2 holes are a PITA as is fishing those bastards.
I am a trained professional..... Do not attempt this stunt at home.

Hosting Services by ipHouse