Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Friday October 16, 2020 at 08:22
buzz
May 2003
More and more of our customers report not having played a disc in years.

I continue to prefer wired networking because it is faster and more reliable for high bandwidth applications. At home my WiFi environment is polluted and 50% packet loss is not uncommon. There is a healthcare complex next door, a multi-unit ORBI on channel, 4 plus other homes regularly on channel 5, 8, 9.

It’s an arms race similar to the cordless phone race. Initially, cordless phones were on the citizens band radio channels and as the band became polluted we opened new bands at 900MHz, then 2.4GHz, now DECT. Each time a new band is opened it is glorious for the early adopters because they are alone in the new band, then clutter takes command. Now, WiFi6 and 5G are the new frontiers.

My customers prefer wall mounted TV’s even if they are hung only a few inches above a surface. I think that there are fewer mount SKU’s in the stores because we are converging on fewer variations of TV mounting points and we don’t need a zillion variations of two skinny rails and two straps. There is room for multiple articulated arms and drop down designs. I also speculate that wall mount is becoming the domain of pros who use different distribution.

Hosting Services by ipHouse