Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday October 15, 2020 at 23:04
Hi-FiGuy
January 2004
1: Are people more and more going with just power to a hang and bang (so to speak) and using Wi-Fi for internet TV. We ditched cable and so far have been content with internet TV services, couple weird things but mostly content thus far.
We have not spun a disc in forever in any room other than the theater.
Seems to me the old saying "its all going to be wireless" we had here years ago has become more of a reality than we ever imagined. We love streaming services for audio / video material. Still love my vinyl but sitting in my listening chair and playing music from my laptop / phone is a blast and have discovered so much more new music and movies.

2: Are less and less people mounting TVs on walls these days, I have noticed more TVs on stands these days, myself included for the moment. Also noticing less mount inventory in the stores too.

3: I am considering due to the room layout in our new to us home, and I said I would never do it, mounting an TV over our fire place. It is real brick façade, not veneer, on the inside but a wooden box with siding on the outside. The house itself is brick exterior. The question is three fold, is is safe to mount a 75' TV using a pull down mantle mount ? How far do they drop down and what model do you recommend? How do I get a power outlet installed, there is 110 in there the fireplace has a blower. I don't have a problem paying someone to do the electrical but want some information. Are we epoxying red heads in the grout or in the brick, there was differing opinions on this some time ago. Has anyone built a frame / bracket that attaches to the walls beside the fire place brick and has a cross piece that goes in front of the brick to mount the TV on and run wires? Said I would never do it so have not spent much time thinking about it. What say you besides hire a pro.

P.S. Have not decided if I am going to run Cat to the TV locations, strong possibility I will however.

Last edited by Hi-FiGuy on October 15, 2020 23:12.

Hosting Services by ipHouse