The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Wednesday October 14, 2020 at 11:20
SWOInstaller
Select Member
October 2010
On October 13, 2020 at 23:59, tgrugett said...
I am an Elk guy but an integrator first. We tend to do larger more complex security systems with an eye for top notch wire management and service documentation.

I love most things about Elk especially the programming interface (PC programmable, remote access for service, rules programming, Crestron Simpl integration, density for large system, tech support, etc...)

I need a second offering mostly for Crestron Home compatibility and smaller systems.

I used to do GE/Interlogix Concord before I switched to Elk but now Interlogix is gone.

I have done a bit of Honeywell Vista work mostly learning what I needed to help out good clients with existing systems but they were small keypad programming based systems. I was not all that impressed and really don't like keypad programming systems.

Vista and DSC seem to be the two larger players in the Crestron Home compatibility.

I would love opinions and experience on these two systems (or other Crestron Home compatible systems) from anyone willing to take the time.

Thanks!

With the addition of Extensions in CH, you can use whatever system you are comfortable with, providing you write the extension, pay someone to write it, OR hope Crestron releases one (I believe ELK is a main system to be added).

From an integrators stand point we feel that security systems are a life safety system and install them based on that and not compatibility to integrate with a control system.
You can't fix stupid

Hosting Services by ipHouse