The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Tuesday October 13, 2020 at 16:34
osiris
Long Time Member
November 2004
There are too many dealers, but our local rep is pretty good about trying to get rid of the guys that are really bad. The guys that are going to discount it are well known, and I have no issues selling against them and rarely lose a job because of cheaper pricing. If we chased the McMansion and general contractor crowd it would probably be a bigger issue. There is MAP, but it's like everything, unless you can get a hard copy of a discounted bid and put it in front of the rep, nothing they can really do unless the discounting integrator is also fumbling the jobs bad enough that clients are going to C4 for solutions.

Year over year I'm starting to hear a lot more "Oh, you do Control4, I don't want that because I had it in my house/my neighbor had it and it wasn't reliable and it cost a ton to change", etc. I grew up at a Crestron shop in the mid-late 2000's, so I've been deflecting this for years, but it is an issue you just can't get past with certain prospects.

I'm sure they expect you to meet minimum purchases, but I don't know what that looks like...if you're doing good work and representing the brand well I would assume they aren't going to cut you off...but if a dealer's not selling it, what's the benefit to them to keeping that dealer on board? Far better to move the end user to an integrator that's going to present updates and keep the revenue moving.

Hosting Services by ipHouse