The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Tuesday October 6, 2020 at 18:51
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On October 6, 2020 at 15:44, Mac Burks (39) said...
At a project with surround sound in a master bedroom...

I test the programming and hear no sound. I inform programmer. He gets angry and says "it must be hardware because programming is good". I inform him that the "AVR isn't even turning on". He then says "so that room isnt stereo?".

"The room isn't stereo when the AVR is not on."
Or
The room doesn't have any channels at all. The AVR, however, can be configured for many different setups. What did you program it to do? How does that compare to the [definition of what's needed in the room]?"
He then goes on a rant/whine about how he "never understood surround sound in a master bedroom...you only have two ears!".

"Thinking along those lines, you would have no peripheral vision."
"Peripheral."
"Peripheral! In areas other than those covered by the foveas."
"Foveas...."

LOL okay so if you only have two ears then why is it okay for surround sound in a theater? How about just fix your mistake and lets all move on.

The disappointing thing is that you're working with someone who poisons the moment with anger instead of, as you suggest, solving and moving on.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse