The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Monday October 5, 2020 at 14:51
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
I had one a few months ago on a job where the client was getting the most shitastic cable service Altice One.  Those that are familiar with it, they have the modem, router, AND cable box all combined in one unit.  You cannot shut off wifi or bridge them.

Anyone, I was talking to the client about his options to improve wifi while this guy was there to add two more cable boxes.  I jumps in to say how he loves his Google Wifi, that he he uses on his Altice One at home.  I said I believe you cannot bridge Google Wifi, so you would be creating a double nat since you cannot bridge the Altice one "router".  He goes on to say how much he loves his Double Nat.  He can surf on his network while his son games on his.

Another one years ago wasn't so much a cable guy as the customer/tech support I had to call to have them send a hit to a box to wake it up.  The woman asked what TV was it hooked up too.  I said none, we are just using it for audio.  She went on to say that is impossible and it needs a TV.  Argued with me for 10 minutes.  At this point I was basically telling her she is a dumbass and to get me a supervisor.  Wait about 15 minutes and she gets back on the line and says, I am sending a hit to the box right now.

I'm pretty sure they specifically look for non technical people to work in these companies.

Hosting Services by ipHouse