The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday October 5, 2020 at 09:14
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On October 4, 2020 at 12:18, Trunk-Slammer -Supreme said...
Since this happened just the other day I thought I'd start a thread.

Cable guy came by and replaced all the Moca boxes AND the main box that was in the equipment closet.

After getting everything going he tells the client:

The only problem is that you have to stand in the hallway, in front of the closet, in order to use the remote.

It's as if he had been living under a rock for the last 35 years.....

I had one tell me that cable distribution modules aren't allowed in Time Warner installations because every F81 causes 1dB of signal loss. With their amplifier IN THE SAME ENCLOSURE, I fail to see how this would be a problem, but he removed the one I had installed and connected only some of the cables to his 1 in/8 out splitter in a way that made closing the enclosure impossible because I had cut all of the cables to length and he was only connecting some of the drops, from both modules.

He didn't bother to ground the feed, either and when I mentioned that it's a code violation, he had the supervisor call me and that's who ended up going out to correct the ground. I asked about the requirement for 1dB loss & avoiding the dist modules- he said it's not a problem if they're clean and tight.

I swear, they exist to make our lives more difficult.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse