The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Saturday October 3, 2020 at 23:23
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
On October 3, 2020 at 01:56, buzz said...
Currently, with CONNECT:AMP’s there is no particular advantage to using S2. I recommend forcing all of the CONNECT:AMP’s to S1, otherwise you’ll have two independent systems in the same house and the user will need to switch Sonos Controllers, depending on the Room.

Another scheme with Harmony would be to control switched outlets that power the speaker relay triggers. This will work around issues associated with signal sensing speaker relays. Note that with this scheme the native receiver remotes would be useless.

Do the AVR’s have USB ports? You could use the USB’s 5V to trigger a relay. Been there done that. I’ve never tried, but you might be able to trigger on an HDMI port’s 5V line.

The AVRs are all under $500. Super cheap last minute additions to a "budget system". Originally there would only be a DirecTV box connected to the TVs and sonos for music. Then of course scope creep and an apple tv here and a blu-ray there and oh we want to be able to see CCTV cameras on the TVs and here we are.

To be fair...this system went in quick and has been trouble free since 2013 except for these stupid speaker selectors.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse