The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Monday September 28, 2020 at 11:19
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On September 27, 2020 at 15:31, Ernie Gilman said...
No, but your question implies to me that it's difficult. That means time-consuming. That means costly. That means the client is likely to not want to have to invest in another remote, not even a better one like the 890.

That's why I made my comment. Could you give us more context to your question so I can be sure I've interpreted it correctly?

Oh, and... is the 880 one of those remotes whose programming can be loaded into a different model remote, hoping in this case you could load it into an 890?

Actually, I had forgotten that the 880 was URC's response to those of us who had to deal with the faults of the 810, which is the real turd. The programming sucked, the software was WYSIWYG and it required a computer video card and display that was higher than what some used for programming and it couldn't be resized, so it was a matter of guesswork unless a different computer could be used, To make it worse, the program couldn't be copied to any other models. I was glad when my client's dog chewed that POS.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse