Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Thursday September 10, 2020 at 15:57
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Here's a weird one:

While we're talking voltages and stuff -- does anyone need or want a set of step-up transformers that convert 208V three-phase to 240V three-phase?

I built them onto a warehouse dolly so they could be moved about easily. It's got a breaker panel. If anyone's interested, please let me know and I'll look up the details to see if it'll do what you need.

If I remember correctly, the transformers could be configured for different step-up ratios. It's been years since I've looked at it so details are fuzzy.

When we did the system for the Saudi client, we ran it here for a week to sort of break it in; local power was 208 volt three phase; equipment ran on 240 volts; step-ups gave us that voltage. That's why I got those parts.

I also have a few hanks of very thick wire, 4 conductor, that we ran from the house panel to the transformers.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse