Your Universal Remote Control Center
Custom Installers' Lounge Forum - View Post
Up level
Up level
The following page was printed from


Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday September 9, 2020 at 16:11
Loyal Member
February 2002
can someone knowledgeable please chime in. Im starting my personal home theater build shortly and because of the quantity of my amps I want to run 240vac to amps and not 120vac(amps are capable of this so no worries there?) and it will be easier to run 2 240vac lines than 4 120vac lines. I understand its single phase 240vac as i am residential. And is this 240vac the american our European and is there a difference?

my question is what is the correct way of doing this. I got the 240vac part from the panel, but on the Tripplite 240vac is where my confusion comes in. what iec cords do i use and what format, and is 120vac availble on those same 240vac PDU's

any and all help will be good.

somethig like this

Last edited by ceied on September 10, 2020 10:46.
Ed will be known as the Tiger Woods of the integration business, followed closely with the renaming of his company to "Hotties A/V". The tag line will be "We like big racks and tight holes"...

Hosting Services by ipHouse