The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Thursday September 3, 2020 at 00:42
SOUND.SD
Loyal Member
April 2006
On August 31, 2020 at 20:01, Ryan_SD_CA said...
Kinda what I thought.

I've already been burned by Houzz and Home Advisor and figured Yelp would be pretty much the same thing.

Home Advisor kept calling me after we stopped using them and promising me they were different. I don't know how many times I had to tell them to stop calling me.

Thanks for all your feedback, I really appreciate it.

Ryan-

I will give you more details next time I see you but I actually had great success with Yelp (with many caveats). For probably 5 years. A number of 35-50k projects. And all around my area. That said, I had to get really good at gently telling the kid "no" that wants an HDMI cable for his xbox delivered to his house for $10 or like others have said, gently turning away the hang n bang.

Problem is they are Mafia like with their sales tactics. When we canceled a year or two ago, the next day a negative review popped up from someone Ive never met or talked to and on digging through his account, he was connected to Yelp.

Even bigger problem is their algorithm. The kid that reviews every game stop in the US, his review that you "apparently dont need the work" sticks but your legit client that doesnt have time to write reviews, theirs is filtered and doesnt count.
Bulldog AV - San Diego, CA
www.bulldog-av.com
[Link: facebook.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse