The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Saturday August 29, 2020 at 23:22
Hasbeen
Loyal Member
November 2007
Yelp has a lot of problems with it, as do all of these types of companies, Home Advisor, Angies List, Thumbtack, NextDoor, etc.

Here's my problem with it.  These companies capitalize on your inability to run Google Ads (because that's all they're doing, then directing those leads to someone on their customer list)

So...instead of growing their business, why don't you (not directed at you personally) start growing your own business.  Run your own Google Ads. 

They're literally building digital empires on your back.  Here's how HomeAdvisor works....

1. Potential customer fills out form on Home Advisor.
2. That lead costs Home Advisor $20 directly to Google.  (example cost)
3. Now, Home Advisor charges you $20.  However they send it out to 2 additional companies.  So, for every $20 they spend they're bringing in $40.

That's how it works.

What's the problem with this?  Nobody knows, remembers, cares who you are.  They only remember the Home Advisor name.   In fact, they can't even contact you directly or get your actual phone number on your Home Advisor page.  When you quit them, you're right back to where you started.

My contention is to run Google Ads for your business, grow your business, not Home Advisor's or Yelp.

Here's your next problem, Google Ads aren't easy to run, they take knowledge to do right, and if you do it wrong, you're going to spend a lot of money, not get a ROI and throw up your hands and say Google Ads don't work.

Google Ads work.  If they didn't Google wouldn't have a Trillion $ market cap.

Happy to talk or help in any way I can.

Hosting Services by ipHouse