The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Saturday August 8, 2020 at 23:36
tomciara
Loyal Member
May 2002
Sometimes it makes sense to match the cameras to the thermostat, that is if you are using a Nest thermostat, get the Nest Hello doorbell, and Nest cameras, and that way one app covers them all.

I had a Ring doorbell, that “only needed to be charged every six months”, but before too very long it needed charging all the time. I couldn’t get it over to a wired location. If you must do the battery option on any of these things, make sure you have exchangeable, rechargeable batteries. Anything that you have to take down to charge, you will be hating yourself.

I got a Nest thermostat in the meantime, so I decided to try a Nest Hello. I actually like it quite a bit better. And I do like having the one app instead of two.

That being said, my impression that the video and the notifications might be better, might just be anecdotal and either one might be just fine. I did have one client switch from Ring to Nest, and she thought the video was better. Maybe just a newer model perhaps.

All the Nest cameras I have seen at clients homes have looked very good. The only Ring cameras I have seen are on the floodlight, and I saw great video there also.

If I wasted too much of your time with doorbells, I apologize.
There is no truth anymore. Only assertions. The internet world has no interest in truth, only vindication for preconceived assumptions.

Hosting Services by ipHouse