The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Thursday August 6, 2020 at 15:54
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
On August 3, 2020 at 05:40, FreddyFreeloader said...
Yep still got a few of those Panasonics out there with the handles in the upper corners on the back those things are tanks

I love the handles! Makes it so easy to move. And yeah, "tank" is the right word. :-P I was perfectly content with my Panasonic TH-50PH9UK truth be told. The only reason I picked up the PDP-5080HD was for the 1080p support. Well, and I did always want to own a Kuro. Storing the Panasonic in the back of my bedroom closet now. Don't have the heart to get rid of it. (I have 3 extra HDMI boards if anyone finds they're in need of one. If so, just send me a PM and I'll hook you up for cheap.)

On August 3, 2020 at 14:22, osiris said...
My brother- and sister-in-law bought a house about 7 months ago that had a media system I would have killed for back in 2008- Vienna Acoustics speaker set, JL subwoofer, Denon 5805 AVR, and a PDP-5080HD Elite plasma.

He proceeded to hang his 75" Vizio on the wall opposite where the plasma was and was certain that the picture of the Pioneer wouldn't be able to compete because "it's not even 1080". He was disappointed when I split the HDMI out of his cable box and ran both screens at the same time.

I had a contractor doing some work here at the house the other day who had just purchased their first 4K set. They were equally impressed with my PDP-5080HD and flabbergasted to learn it was only 720p. They offered me $300 on the spot for it. I respectfully declined. :-)

Last edited by Lowpro on August 6, 2020 16:06.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse