The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Monday August 3, 2020 at 09:32
andrewinboulder
Select Member
August 2003
On July 29, 2020 at 11:34, Brad Humphrey said...
Yes it does.

But you have already troubleshooted the problem by running the Cat6 across the ground. The next question is 'how did 2 Cat6 runs go bad in conduit, that were burial rated'?

1) Did you supply the Cat6? What is the brand & part#? How long has the cable been in the ground? If someone else supplied it, anyway to find out where they got it from?
It has been noted many times in the past, how cheap cable can cause problems and even have lies attached to the listings. One reason I always argue for the use of quality cables that are properly listed, for uses that are going to be more or less permanent.

2) Did you install the cables in the conduit? Or did someone else do it? Wondering how much pull was done to the cables installing. Usually direct burial cable has stiffer more robust jackets and can take more than the regular 25-30 ft lbs of pull. But if it was pulled more than 50-60 ft lbs, I would suspect the cables might have been damaged. Not uncommon for damaged cables to start giving trouble years later, after having marginally worked before.

All good questions. I decided to get the Fluke unit you mentioned to try out. The cable was purchased from my local disty.
Someone else pulled the wire through the conduit so that may be the issue. Investigating today.

Hosting Services by ipHouse