The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Wednesday July 29, 2020 at 08:22
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On July 28, 2020 at 13:31, Ernie Gilman said...
I hope either of two things:

My preference would be that you're saying the SpectroGenius had his tail between his legs, which might mean he could be on the hook for reinstalling an EERO system, though if you're referring to the client, that would at least mean you don't have an uphill fight against a client who'll blame you for something.

Best of luck with that. Installers should learn early on (but they/most of us don't) that if you touch it, you own it and you own all problems that roll downhill from that decision.

It was the customer and it was because he listened to Cable Guy- he doesn't blame me for this, at all. I had installed outdoor speakers, a multi-channel amp, the EERO, three Sonos Connects, solved some indoor cabling issues and just yesterday, sent an estimate for the equipment to move the Roku, another Sonos, mount a sealed outdoor box, add another AP, a network switch and some kind of IR control to eliminate juggling remotes (the TV doesn't have a jack for the IR commands and only three controller companies work with IP commands). I also have a replacement TV coming because the original doesn't react to IR commands and I'm not the original seller, who is out of the picture because they dropped the ball on this. He apologized for not buying the TV from me and rather than act like he kicked my puppy, I cheerfully went there and solved the immediate problems of the TV and ROKU not connecting to the network and in the case of the ROKU, pairing the remote. The seller has since shown their lack of accurate record keeping WRT the TV, since the serial # on the original invoice wasn't correct- the number given after subsequent calls is for a TV that had already been returned to the manufacturer and upon finding that replacing all of the internal modules didn't cure the problem, it was scrapped.

At this point, I'm OK the guy is pretty easy going and I was referred by a previous client, who was a referral from another previous client.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse