The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Tuesday July 28, 2020 at 17:01
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On July 28, 2020 at 09:03, highfigh said...
I'm not sure the client will ask the right questions if they call Google. I posted about a job where I had installed EERO but it was replaced after the freaking genius from Spectrum told him it's not a good system, so he switched to Google because he has it at his other house. I'm not convinced it will do the job but I'm planning to install their app on my phone and get his log-in info so I can look at the settings. So far, I haven't seen speeds that were close to the EERO system and his tail was between his legs when we talked about this. At this point, we're planning for me to run a cable from the basement to the storage area behind the TV and Roku, so another Google unit can be placed there as a way to boost the signal. I'm not hopeful that it will be great.

I sent him an email with specific questions to ask and instructed him to jot down the answers. We'll see. Google WiFi is terrible. Beyond terrible, yet because it has the name Google attached to it, I see unsuspecting people recommending it all the time. Always for their sub 2000 square foot square, sheetrock house with 10 devices MAX on wifi. I did a job 2 weeks ok that also had Altice One. It was being installed while I was there. The client asked the cable guy, and not me, about getting better wifi signal upstairs. Keep in mind, Altice One uses the cable boxes as access points. Rather than say just add a cable box upstairs, he tells him to get Google WiFi. Said he uses it at home with Altice One and loves it. So I stepped in and said you cannot use Google WiFi with Altice one as neither system can be bridged, so you end with a Double NAT. Before I could finish, he said, I love the Double NAT, I can be on one network and my son games on the other. I just said to the client, we'll talk when he leaves.

Hosting Services by ipHouse