Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Tuesday July 28, 2020 at 06:58
CHausK
July 2020
On July 27, 2020 at 17:50, Lyndel McGee said...
You will likely have to use RegEdit to remove all the HID devices and anything related to Pronto after uninstalling all releases of PEP. Not sure if there is anything here on this site discussing this. Might search for regedit in the Pro forum to see if there are any hits. I know I put up a thread in the NG forum that was with regard to the TSU7000 driver reinstall. Looking at that thread might give you some good hints on what to look for in RegEdit.

Please also note that there is an installer that lingers around that you will also have to remove via the registry. It is a fake item called ‘support’ or something like that. Have a look at Programs and Features and you will likely find it.

Hi Lyndel,
once again thank your for your hints and help.
After uninstalling the several PEP-Versions i used CCleaner to "clean up" the Registry, but it seems it didnt help.
I will search for the thread you mentioned, but there is also a Plan B to me: a friend of mine has my old WinXP-Netbook (Samsung NC10) and he will give it back to me. Plan is to reinstall a "clean" Windows and only PEP as Software. So i can "redo" my Configs on my normal PC/Notebook and download/transfer it to the Pronto via the Netbook (if that works).
Using my normal PC is still Plan A, but if this doesnt work in near future, Plan B will become Plan A ;-)

Best regards, Christoph

Hosting Services by ipHouse