The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday July 27, 2020 at 14:22
PatMac
Long Time Member
February 2014
Hello, all! I retired from the CI biz about 2 years ago. I miss a lot of the technical challenges, but this one is becoming a bit of a headache. HELP!

I installed an Apple TV 4K 32gb device on my own system about 10 days ago. I used input AV5 on the Yamaha AVR. The output of the AVR is connected to a Samsung UN65JS9000 HDR compatible TV. Only 1 HDMI input (HDMI 3 MHL) on the TV is capable of processing HDR signals. If I attempt to enable the HDR feature on the Apple TV 4K 32gb device, I get an error message indicating a compatibility issue.

As a troubleshooting step, I removed the HDMI cable from the Yamaha AVR, and connected it directly to the Samsung TV. I was then able to successfully obtain HDR video from the Apple TV 4K 32gb device.

In summary, it appears the Yamaha RX-A1050 is not properly processing the HDR signal. I have 3 other HDMI sources connected to the RX-A1050. I am limited to one HDR HDMI input on the Samsung TV. The firmware version on the RX-A1050 is current, v 2.65. The VIDEO MODE on the RX-A1050 is set to DIRECT. I am using a Binary (Snap AV) B6-4K-2 HDR (18GBPS) 2 meter cable from the Apple TV 4K 32gb device to input AV5 on the RX-A1050. I am using a Binary (Snap AV) B6-4K-3 HDR (18GBPS) 3 meter cable from the HDMI output of the RX-A1050 to the proper HDR input of the Samsung TV. Both cables are HDMI Premium Certified.

I believe the RXA1050 was purchased in 2015. It supports HDR 10...same as the Apple TV.

I have emailed Yamaha support. After answering numerous questions regarding settings, cable certification, etc., they told me to perform a factory reset. I don't think so. I think they have given up.

I feel I have exhausted all reasonable efforts to resolve the issue on my own.
Hopefully, someone else has encountered a similar issue...and can help resolve. I'm strongly suspecting that the Yamaha AVR is just not capable.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by PatMac on July 28, 2020 16:19.

Hosting Services by ipHouse