The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Thursday July 16, 2020 at 19:26
mak99
Lurking Member
July 2005
On January 4, 2015 at 14:13, smileyw said...
In mine, it was red (tip, or front), black (ring or back). I connected red (tip) to the IR, and black (ring) to ground connections of an Xantech input of a connecting block. This worked perfectly.

As did for me - exactly the info I was searching for!  I'm using the Harmony Elite...

I also discovered something for the first time in my decade+ of using the Xantech connecting blocks - the 4-screw plug-in terminal is exactly that...plug-in!  Since my 791-44 was already installed in my rack...on the backside...underneath a lower shelf, I thought I'd have to completely remove it from the rack so that I could get the two tiny wires stabbed into the appropriate screw openings.  But when I was test-fitting on a spare 789-44 I noticed that the terminal pops right out.  So I was able to pop out the one from the 791-44, easily connect the wires, then pop the terminal right back in.  This wire connects to the IR#1 output on the Hub, and it controls the system perfectly.

I hope this helps someone else in the future, even though I've revived this thread from the dead...

Hosting Services by ipHouse