The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Thursday July 9, 2020 at 13:54
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
JavaScript is not Java. Download the prontoscript dev guide from the Pronto files section of this site and have a look at the tcpsocket examples. Based on the python you posted, the code will be very similar.

I authored a thread many years ago regarding what is prontoscript don’t have the link handy but hoping you can find it.

JavaScript is the language that makes web pages work and was extended by Philips with their own object types. Just like a web browser has a window object, pronto script has activity, page, widget, tcpsocket, udpsocket, etc.

As you are learning I do recommend this dev guide as it will help you get up to speed. I also recommend o’reilly book on JavaScript 5 by David Flanagan you only need chapters 1 to 10 out of that book for core JavaScript.

Also search this forum for tcpsocket or tcp socket and you will find many examples of setting up a socket to write the string you listed as well as to asynchronously receive any data from itach. Your example uses a synchronous read but asynchronous is easier to manage.

Here is one such link that is very close to what you need. ;-)
[Link: remotecentral.com]

Last edited by Lyndel McGee on July 9, 2020 14:08.
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse