The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 53 made on Friday July 3, 2020 at 00:02
Fins
Elite Member
June 2007
On July 1, 2020 at 22:33, Shane1 said...
So its been about 3 years since I have been on RC. I left the oil business and started from the VERY BOTTOM in Low Voltage. When wire was needed to be run under a house, I didn't hesitate for one second and dove under that house. I did lots of prewires, then job walks, finish work, and designed complete low voltage packages for customers (although, my background in Mechanical Engineering, etc, certainly helps).

Anyways, I have been making about $35k for the past few years and I didn't mind that much. So fast forward to this week, I have been hired by one of the largest home builders / construction management companies in LA and am now one of 5 employees. We build homes in the $15M-$80 million range and I'll be making excellent compensation (six figure), and have a A-list clientele. I met Elton John 5 weeks ago in the Trousdale Estates at a customers studio we wired.

I say this not to be flexing or boasting, etc.
I FU#KING busted my ass off.

Low Voltage has been one of the most rewarding and enjoyable careers I have been in. I just followed something I REALLY like.

I want to just point out that I didn't mind making a crap salary (in 2018 I made $23k, but if you know LA, thats literally poverty money), but I really love the job. In 2017-now I worked my ASS off for three years. This opportunity wasn't available. I convinced the company that they needed me. Not the other way around. So they made a position for me. They just saw hard work and a hustle that was unmatched.
(Ok, I will flex for my hustle and determination)

So just want to say a HUGE thanks for the advice as I took it and it worked out great!

Give it time. This industry will make you an angry, miserable individual too. But until then, have fun
Civil War reenactment is LARPing for people with no imagination.

Hosting Services by ipHouse