The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 51 made on Wednesday July 1, 2020 at 22:33
Shane1
Long Time Member
September 2010
So its been about 3 years since I have been on RC. I left the oil business and started from the VERY BOTTOM in Low Voltage. When wire was needed to be run under a house, I didn't hesitate for one second and dove under that house. I did lots of prewires, then job walks, finish work, and designed complete low voltage packages for customers (although, my background in Mechanical Engineering, etc, certainly helps).

Anyways, I have been making about $35k for the past few years and I didn't mind that much. So fast forward to this week, I have been hired by one of the largest home builders / construction management companies in LA and am now one of 5 employees. We build homes in the $15M-$80 million range and I'll be making excellent compensation (six figure), and have a A-list clientele. I met Elton John 5 weeks ago in the Trousdale Estates at a customers studio we wired.

I say this not to be flexing or boasting, etc.
I FU#KING busted my ass off.

Low Voltage has been one of the most rewarding and enjoyable careers I have been in. I just followed something I REALLY like.

I want to just point out that I didn't mind making a crap salary (in 2018 I made $23k, but if you know LA, thats literally poverty money), but I really love the job. In 2017-now I worked my ASS off for three years. This opportunity wasn't available. I convinced the company that they needed me. Not the other way around. So they made a position for me. They just saw hard work and a hustle that was unmatched.
(Ok, I will flex for my hustle and determination)

So just want to say a HUGE thanks for the advice as I took it and it worked out great!

Last edited by Shane1 on July 1, 2020 22:59.

Hosting Services by ipHouse