The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Tuesday June 16, 2020 at 18:33
icarusd
Long Time Member
September 2006
Thanks very much for the response. So how do I add this to CCP so it will work on a serial (RS232) connection? In other words, how do I fill the holes in the serial database so I can only use a rs232 cable to control this device? I could always use the serial port for the functions I've got codes for and use an IR port for the others, but that seems super janky. This (shinybow) unit doesn't seem to love IR signals either, it's a little hit and miss, that's why I'd love to get the rs232 working, just for dependability.

I would usually just drop this in the Universal Browser/Hex Editor and drag it to the button, but that doesn't seem to work on a serial device. I'm pretty sure I'm missing the correct way to go at this.

Thanks for the advice on future remotes, I've never really loved any of the URC devices, so that's why I use an Ipad. I've got a super complex system, and I found the flexibility the Ipad gives me design wise fits my needs properly. I spent almost 60 hours building the profile for this system, that's why I had to do it myself. I talked to a couple of installers and they really wanted nothing to do with this, it was way too complicated.

Last edited by icarusd on June 16, 2020 20:17.
Icarus D

Hosting Services by ipHouse